Monday, June 9, 2014

Camp America: Bringing staff from the UK to camp!

Every summer Kingswood brings a handful of energetic, talented and excited young adults from the United Kingdom to work at camp. Through Camp America- a leading staffing agency for international staff looking to work at summer camps in the states, we've hired a fantastic group of staff members who are eagerly counting down the days until they board their flights and head to Bridgton (via Boston, of course)! We asked John- a first time staff member coming to Kingswood from Camp America, to share with us a little about why he decided to come to camp this summer. Meet John!

Check out that Camp America tshirt!
Hey! I'm John, I'm 22 and I come from a small town in Cheshire, England. I applied to Camp America this year because it is something that has always seemed very appealing to me; the thought of going away for the whole summer in a completely new environment surrounded by amazing new people, cultures, accents, adventures and so much more has to be the most exciting thing you could possibly do right? Personally I can't think of a much better way to spend your summer. Plus not only will we (Camp America staff) have the best some of our lives, but we get the opportunity to make the kid's summers the best they have ever had and leave an impact and a head full of memories that will last a lifetime. This has to be one of the most rewarding opportunities I may ever have offered to me. I want to make sure I do everything I can to leave my mark at Camp Kingswood this summer!
I still don't know quite what to expect from camp, I have heard different things from different people about camp and so far they have all been good, but I guess some things are best being left in the dark to find out for yourself because that's what makes it all the more exciting! But I could not have had any better help or guidance so far to prepare for camp leading up to the trip from all the members of Camp Kingswood leadership and all the counsellors I have spoken to during the build up.

In less than 3 days from now I will be on that flight and waving goodbye to the UK and writing this has officially got my stomach doing somersaults, so bye for now I guess and I shall "see y'all real soon"!

No comments:

Post a Comment