Sunday, June 8, 2014

Meet our Zohar Assistant Director!

Kingswood's Zohar (brightness/splendor) program is a fully-integrated inclusion program for campers who are developmentally challenged. Last year we were recognized as a leading Jewish organization committed to fostering inclusion of people with disabilities by the Slingshot Organization! We have a fantastic team of specially trained counselors that work with the Zohar campers.  This year's Zohar Director is Julie Tanguay- who many of you may recognize from previous summers.  Julie will be joining us at camp second sessions after she gives birth to second child in the next week or so! 

Julie recruited a fabulous Assistant Director who has been working with her and our Zohar families all year and she cannot wait to be at camp with all of you this summer.

Meet our Zohar Assistant Director: Ally Pequita!


What’s your camp connection?:  I have no previous connection to camp. I am a “newbie”  I met Julie Tanguay through work and we hit it off very well and she said, “I think you should come to camp and help out while I am out.” and I said, “Sure-sounds great!"

What do you do when you’re not at camp?: I do too much!  I am a mother of two. My daughter is 6 and my son is 5.  They keep me very busy and I keep them very busy!  I help my husband coach their soccer team.  My daughter and I take dance (tap and jazz).  My husband and son play hockey. When my family is not going in all directions we are usually Geocacheing, running, or riding our bikes.  For work, I am a BCBA consultant for school districts and I am adjunct faculty at Bay Path College.

Favorite camp activity: I'm not sure yet!

Favorite camp food: SMORES!!

What are you most looking forward to this summer?:  EVERYTHING!!!!
 
Anything else we (the greater Kingswood family) needs to know?:  I am excited and really hoping and looking forward to being part of a great team and a successful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment